For seven decades, Red River Exhibition Association has been delivering memorable experiences to our community. Our team members – employees and volunteers – are an integral to our operation and there are opportunities in a range of areas including groundskeeping, housekeeping, ticket sales, food service and animal care.
The Red River Exhibition Association is committed to employment equity, inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Click on the roles below for a detailed job description and application.
Red River Exhibition Park hosts numerous events throughout the year and we are looking for casual janitorial staff to maintain and service our facilities. The position will be on a casual basis with frequent evening and weekend shifts.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Availability to work days and some evenings and weekends as required.
- Required to wear issued uniforms and provide own safety footwear, and inclement weather clothing.
- Experience preferred but not required as we will train suitable candidates
Please fill out the form below to apply:
Event Janitorial Staff Application
"*" indicates required fields
Race Announcer – Job Description
Title: Race Announcer
Reports To: Racetrack Operator
Race Announcer Job Summary:
The Red River Exhibition Association is looking for an experienced and motivated Announcer to join our team on Canada’s newest harness racing track, The Loop, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The position would be for the duration of the 2023 race season starting on June 24th, running on weekends from June to October.
The Announcer will collaborate across the venues and represent the Red River Exhibition Association and the Racetrack Operator and their team in a professional manner.
- Announcing horse’s name, jockey, trainer, and owner during post parade when horses enter from the Paddock.
- Identifying names of horses and providing their position throughout the race
- Clear and accurate rhythm in delivery of information to patrons that follows the pace of the race taking place
- Presenting information before and in between races such as news, events of the day and other varieties of information such as upcoming events and sponsorships
- Provide public wagering information and race selections prior to each live horse race.
- Provide an excellent guest service’s experience.
- Knowledge of horse racing.
- Journalism, broadcasting, and communication skills.
- Public speaking.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to read a program and announce clearly so that patrons can understand what the announcer is announcing.
- Must be available to work live racing days throughout the racing season.
Please respond with your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume and/or a brief written summary of your experience. A voice recording of a race would be helpful but not required.
A huge thank you to our Volunteer Sponsor, Noventis Credit Union. Their generous support makes all the difference!
Did you know that studies show that volunteering is good for your health? Join us for fun and fulfilling volunteer opportunities. Give your time and be rewarded with valuable experience and meaningful connections.
Our annual events would not happen without our dedicated volunteers – thank you to all who generously give their time.
Please fill out the form below to get started.
Red River Exhibition Association values diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All individuals seeking employment with Red River Exhibition Association are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our job application and recruitment process. If you need assistance, or an accommodation, please contact us.
Connect with us on LinkedIn!