Entries to the 2023 Photo Salon are closed.
Entry deadline: May 19, 2023
Entries exhibited: June 16-25, 2023
Entry pick-up: June 28, 2023
Entry return mail: July 4, 2023
Please include return postage for return mailing. Mailed entries without return postage will not be returned.
- Digital Images
- Print – Colour
- Print – Digital
For each category
|Honourable Mention (four per category)||$20|
Either print or digital, based on entries
|Red River Ex Award of Excellence||$100|
|Best Image of Manitoba||$25|
|Best Best Nature Image||$25|
|Best Domestic Pet Image||$25|
|Best Action Image||$25|
The Canadian Association will be presenting a Gold Medal for the overall High Aggregate score of all three categories.
It Made You Smile Award: $75 in Print Category. $75 in Projected Image Category.
Awarded by the Warner family of Winnipeg in memory of their son, Steve, an avid photographer.
- This is an open competition. You may submit photos of any subject matter.
- Photos that have previously been accepted in this salon are not eligible.
- All possible care will be taken with your photos, but the Red River Exhibition Association assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any photos while in transit, in storage or on display at the Exhibition.
- The Exhibition reserves the right to reproduce any entries for publicity purposes related to this exhibition unless otherwise stated.
- Any image generated by artificial intelligence( AI) without any image captured by the entrant is not eligible.
- The judge’s decisions are final. Any entry submission implies acceptance of entry
conditions and applicable rules.
- Due to rising inflation the photo committee has decided to waive the usual entry for this year. All categories are free.
- The Exhibition reserves the right to refuse any entry it deems inappropriate for the Exhibition audience.
- Colour or monochrome prints are eligible. Prints with an overall tone or colour (ie. sepia, selenium or any other singular hue) are designated monochrome. Black and white prints with selectively coloured areas are
classified as colour prints.
- Prints may be submitted unmounted or mounted on flat cardboard or foam core, to a maximum thickness of ¼”.
- Prints in a frame, mounted on a stretcher frame or printed on aluminium are not eligible.
- Include your name, address and print title on the back of each print or mount to correspond with the entry form. Your name and print title must not appear on the front of the photograph or mat.
- Print sizes – rectangular other than panorama:
Minimum 8”x10” (print only) to a maximum of 16”x20” (print plus mount).
Panorama: Minimum width 10” (print only) to a maximum of 20” (print plus mount).
Square: Minimum 10”x10” (print only) to a maximum of 16x”16” (print plus mount).
- Digital images may be taken with regular DSLRs, smart phones or tablets.
- Digital images must be submitted electronically by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded with the form below. Include your name, address, phone number
and email address in any emailed entry emails.
- Digital images must be in jpeg format and RGB colour space.
- Image width shall not exceed 1600 pixels horizontally and 1200 pixels vertically. File size should not exceed 2 MB.