We want to see your quilting talent and creativity with the return of the Red River Exhibition’s Judged Quilt Show! This year’s judge is Val Hazelton.
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2023
Quilt Delivery: June 8, 2023 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm to Red River Exhibition Office at 3977 Portage Avenue
Quilt Pick Up: June 26, 2023 from 12:00 to 4:00 pm
Best of Show (Overall): $300
For each category
First Place: $250
Second Place: $200
Third Place: $150
Category 1: Hand quilted.
Category 2: Domestic/mid-arm. Fabric is manipulated by hand under a fixed machine.
Category 3: Track (mid/long-arm). This includes where the machine rides on wheels and moves over the fabric and the machine is hand-guided. No computer-programmed quilting is allowed.
Category 4: Two-person quilt.
Category 5: Wall/Lap quilt (no less than 140″).
Category 6: Computerized quilting – where the quilt design is computer programmed.
Category 7: Group quilt – made by a group of three or more people within the last three years. Minimum size 240″, hand or machine-quilted.
- Quilts may be entered in one of the seven categories.
- Exhibitors may enter ONE quilt in each category. The entry must be completely quilted by the person submitting the quilt (except categories 4 and 7). No commercial quilting is allowed (machine-quilted by someone other than the exhibitor) except for categories 4 and 7.
- Quilts must be at least 240” around the perimeter in order to be included in the competition, except for category 5.
- A fabric quilt label must be attached to the bottom right corner on the backside of the quilt entry. Labels will be covered at all judging levels.
- Pre-stamped or direct product of quilt kits will not be accepted; however ‘Block-of-the-Month’ quilts, if not kitted, are eligible for the competition.
- Competitors must pre-register quilts. Please send the entry form along with a $5 entry fee per category entered to Red River Exhibition Association, 3977 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3K 2E8 or by e-transfer to email@example.com (include QUILT in comments).
- Quilts must be delivered to the Red River Exhibition office located at 3977 Portage Avenue on June 8, 2023 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Each quilt must be delivered/packaged in a zippered clear plastic bag labelled with the name of the exhibitor and the quilt. One quilt per bag.
- Quilt owners are responsible for insuring their own quilts. The Red River Exhibition Association assumes no responsibility for loss or damage of any kind.
- Submission of registration implies acceptance of all rules of the competition. Each entry must be accompanied by a fully completed and signed entry form and fees.
- Prize winning entrants, or guardians of entrants, consent to the use of each participant’s name and photo in any public recognition. The Red River Exhibition Association reserves the right to reproduce any entries for publicity related to this competition unless otherwise stated.
- Qualifying quilts (space permitting) will be exhibited during the 2023 Red River Ex, June 16-25. The winning quilts in categories 1, 2, 3 and 6 are eligible to go on to the provincial MAAS quilt competition.
Ways to Enter
Download the registration form and complete via computer or by hand and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail along with registration fee to:
Red River Exhibition Association
3977 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3K 2E8
Complete the online registration form below