When is it?
- It’s a 10-day festival that starts on Friday, June 17 and ends on Sunday June 26, 2016.
Where is The Ex?
- 3977 Portage Avenue. It’s just after the west perimeter overpass near the Pointe West AutoPark and the MTS Iceplex. Access via Racetrack Road or Festival Drive.
Where can I park?
- Make your way to the Park and you’ll be directed to the appropriate lot on either the East or West side.
What if I don’t have a car? Can I bus there?
- Winnipeg Transit offers rides to and from The EX over the ten day festival.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased at the gate or you can purchase advance gate tickets, pay-one-price midway tickets and 12-ride passes at various Giant Tiger, Sobeys, Safeway and Mac’s locations.
- Click here to purchase your tickets online.
Where can I pick up an event guide?
- At any Giant Tiger, Sobeys or Safeway location.
How much are tickets?
- Click here for all pricing information.
What’s new this year?
- We give our a guests a little bit of a different EXperience every year. Rides, concerts, shows, food; check out what new, cool stuff The Ex has to offer this year. Click here to find out what’s new.
What are the rides like?
- This year features the most rides and games ever! NEW: Himalaya and for kids NEW: Charlie Chopper.
Are there height restrictions to ride the rides?
- Yes, for safety reasons, there are height restrictions. Click here to see what they are.
Is there stuff for my child to do?
- YES! We have plenty of fun and educational kids shows, performers and activities that will entertain your kids busy and likely tire them right out.
Do you provide services for parents with infants?
- There are baby changing stations in every public washroom.
How about my pet?
- Assisted living animals are permitted, but we cannot accommodate to other guests’ pets. We do love pets, but unfortunately pets are not allowed in the Park and shouldn’t be left unattended in vehicles. Please make arrangements while you’re visiting us for the day.
Is there stuff for adults to do?
- Rides! Concerts! Cool shows! Great new Midway food! There are areas of the park that serve alcoholic beverages as well.
Can I eat there?
- You bet! We have tons of different food concessions and a crazy amount of tasty midway treats, but if you’d prefer to bring a snack of your own, no problem. There will also be a FREE pancake breakfast on Sunday, June 19 and 26. We have room for you to have your own little picnic.
Are there gluten-free food options available?
- Yes, there is a variety of gluten-free options available at a variety of concessions.
Can I bring my own food and water?
- Yes! Please bring any food, water and non-alcoholic beverages! There are all kinds of great places to sit and eat!
What if it’s raining? Will The EX still happen?
- The performers perform rain or shine. Though in extreme weather conditions some of the midway rides could suspend operation for a short period of time. The public will be notified throughout the Park, if this should occur. Please note: no refunds are provided in the event of rain.
Is there somewhere for me to get out of the sun/rain?
- There are plenty of places to get out of the heat or rain. Some of our sheltered buildings include: Exhibition Place, Centre Place, and Discovery Place.
Is the Park wheelchair accessible?
- The entire Park is wheelchair accessible. All public buildings have wheelchairs and ramps to accommodate all wheelchairs and scooters alike. Wheelchairs and scooters can also be rented during the 10 days. Wheelchairs are $15 and scooters $40. Telephones are available for our hearing impaired guests on all of the payphones throughout the Park.
What do you do to address safety?
- Safety is our number one concern at the Red River Ex. We have a large security presence at the Red River Ex, including a private security company we hire as well as the Winnipeg Police Service. Both of these groups are positioned at the front gates and roam the Park on a consistent basis before, during and after all operating hours. In addition, these same security personnel do conduct bag and pat down searches (similar to when you enter a hockey game or at the front gates of Disneyland) and will continue to be diligent in our process to keep the Park a safe place for everyone to enjoy.
Do I need to bring cash? Credit? Debit?
- We accept cash, debit, VISA and MasterCard. We also have ATMs on site in case you need to withdraw some last minute cash.
It sounds like a lot of walking, is there anywhere to rest?
- There are bleachers for sitting at all of our shows, lots of picnic tables and there’s even shaded, grassy areas to set up your own family picnic. Wagons and wheelchairs can be rented at the front gate for $15 and scooters for $40.
Is there access to washrooms? Are they clean?
- There are four permanent washroom buildings located throughout the Park and in Exhibition Place. Park staff frequently check the washrooms keeping up with the heavy traffic flow to ensuring that your experience is a most enjoyable one.