The Red River Exhibition Association is a self-sustaining, not for profit, volunteer driven association. The Association was incorporated under the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba and follows the Agricultural Societies Act of Manitoba.
As a self-sustaining organization, the Red River Exhibition Association receives no government funding, therefore, we look to strategically partner with corporate sponsors to ensure that we can deliver programming that is relevant to the community.
The Red River Exhibition Association has engaged the community as a strategic partner in identifying the programming and initiatives that best addresses the needs and benefits for the community they live, work and play within. Community organizations have indicated a desire to become a strategic partner in the development of programming at Red River Exhibition Park.
The type of programming they have identified shall include:
- Promoting volunteerism
- Celebrating diversity
- Identifying and servicing youth at risk
- Supporting Manitobans with special needs
- Showcasing arts and culture
- Honouring Aboriginal festivals and celebrations
- Increasing Agriculture awareness and educational programming
- Promoting education through engaging and entertaining activities
- Highlighting amateur sport
- Engaging in environmentally friendly initiatives and practices
- Donating to charitable organizations with the proceeds from events held at the Park
- Servicing the Red River Exhibition Foundation – in support of scholarships for deserving Manitobans
The Red River Exhibition Association together with our volunteers, sponsors and community partners are committed to the continued growth of our Park, facilities and programming for the benefit of all Manitobans. The significant investments we have made in infrastructure initiatives have allowed us to go from a seasonal facility to a fully functioning, year round, multi-use site.
We remain committed to the environment all year long and have made significant commitments both internally and with our external suppliers to reduce our environmental footprint.
Attendance during the 10-day show in June has remained strong and continues to grow. This increased exposure has allowed us to attract more people, acquire additional recognition, increase revenue that then provides us with the opportunity to give back to our community through contributions to a wide range of community organizations and charitable groups.